Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tool #4 - Google Docs

Talk about minimizing clutter in an inbox! I am the type of person that likes to have a minimal amount of things to look at when completing a project. With the help of Google docs, this can now be achieved. I know that one of my team members has already created a newsletter and has invited all of the members of our team to contribute input to it. I love the idea of being able to see everyone's input on one project and the thought of not having a ton of emails sent to one person and the next for a simple project is an organized person's dream.

I plan to go back to school to work toward my master's degree and I can definitely see where Google docs can come in handy when writing essays and communicating about different objectives learned in class. In my classroom, students will be able to complete class assignments and type them and I will be able to look at them from home. So convenient! Students will also be able to access their works from home to complete or show their families.

I actually used Google docs to create an invite to a Fourth of July celebration that I am planning in Austin. I am having people R.S.V.P. using the tool. They are also informing me if they will need a ticket to an outdoor concert we are attending on July 3. This is so fun!

Google reader is really neat. I added a couple of friends of mine to the blogs that I follow and of course I have the four blogs I am already following for the 11 Tools Assignment. I like this because it is definitely a challenge to keep up with the blogs that you have read and the ones that you still need to get to. On a side note, I also added www.people.com

1 comment:

  1. First let me say that I am looking forward to meeting you and working with you at Meadow Wood next year. Great post! I liked the possibility of creating spreadsheets that can be shared on Google Docs. You might also want to check out Crocodoc.com. This app lets you upload a document you have already created in Word and share it. Others can view it and edit it on the website.

    ReplyDelete