Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blogging 101 - Tool #1

Wow! Who knew blogging could be so fun and simple? I have minimal experience with blogs. I have used them in the past to stay connected with friends to see what is going on in their world since I am not always able to see them and their families on a regular basis. I'm thinking now might be my chance to be on the other side of a blog and allow some insight into my thinking. How fun! :-)

Blogging can be easily incorporated into any classroom. A blog could be used for posting homework assignments or a spelling list for the week. I could also see a blog being helpful with parent/teacher communication by posting pictures of activities my little second graders will be working on this upcoming school year or helpful "Love and Logic" tips that I have included in newsletters in the past. Blogs could also be used as a discussion forum for a book study or a place to post websites for students in order for them to brush up on skills needed to master objectives in any grade level.

The only section I had difficulty in was creating my AVATAR. At first, I thought I was going a little crazy, but it turns out the site was having some "technological difficulties." My AVATAR is M.I.A. at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. I think the Voki avatar site is ok now...check back and be sure you add it to your blog!

    Look forward to the insight you will be sharing about the tools you will be experiencing.

    and Welcome to Spring Branch...it's a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kayla! Welcome to MWE! Looks like we're all pretty new with creating blogs. I love your template and chose this pattern too, but started playing around with different designs and lost my dots! Glad to see you brought them with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Kayla! We are so excited you are on our team and I can't wait to get together for lunch soon! Be sure to check out the Second Grade Purple Martin Project. I have been going up daily to check on our little birds! :)
    www.mwepurplemartins.blogspot.com
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...I think I did something wrong. After posting comments to on each of our teams pages, they AREN'T showing up! OH well...I can just try again! Hello!!! So excited to see you are so
    "tech-savy". We really need an expert!!! Can't wait to catch up!!

    ReplyDelete