Friday, June 18, 2010

Tool #3 - Generators and Mashups = LOVE.

I have spent literally two whole afternoons looking through all of these fun gadgets! I've decided that I probably should move on to the next tool so a post for tool 3 was a must. To begin, I love love love (Did I mention love?) the word mosaic. It's so simple, but I really like it. The first thing that popped into my head was how fun this would be for children to create word webs. I took it upon myself to create a word mosaic about summer. I can see myself using this tool for classroom presentations to grab the attention of my little ones and then incorporating it into a lesson to allow them to have a go at it. Some of these tools could be a little advanced for second graders, but I feel the more exposure when they are younger, the better! I can definitely see myself using these for personal use too! I think the picture mosaic is way cute and I've made two already...one with friends and one with family. A new holiday card in the works?....Who knows! :-) Here are my creations...

My Summer Word Mosaic:
ImageChef Word Mosaic - ImageChef.com

My Picture with Friends Mosaic:

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Love seeing all of your pictures! Isn't this tech stuff addicting! I find myself staying up way later than EVER before!!! You know what...have done google docs yet? I made a newsletter for 2nd grade and it is cool because we can all access and edit it! Do you have sbisd mail yet? If so I'll send it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elise! Yes!!! I love this stuff. I spent way too much time on tool 3. There's just so much to learn and look at. I do have my SBISD email. Send it my way please! kayla.chaumont@...yada yada yada! :-)

    ReplyDelete