Monday, July 19, 2010

Tool #10 - iPads, iTouches, and iPhones OH MY!

I bought my first iPhone in February and honestly do not know how I managed without it. I do everything on my iPhone. I check/send email, keep important dates on my calendar, listen to music while working out, pay bills, take pictures, post those pictures to social sites...the list could go on and on. I love my iPhone and I am so happy I am going to be able to incorporate the use of an iTouch into my classroom. Teachers are always coming up with new ways to teach in order to keep things interesting and fun. I think that the iTouch is definitely the answer. Students will want to use these and they will have fun doing it.

I am slightly addicted to downloading apps. The ones I use most for my own personal use it Fandango for movie times and tickets and also Words with Friends. I used to joke that I wanted to incorporate the Words with Friends app into my curriculum, and I just might be able to do it! If you can think of it, there is an app for it!

I've looked through a lot of the apps that were listed. Some of the ones I liked were:

1. Math Drills Lite - In second grade it is so important for kids to have these facts down so they become automatic. This is a fun, interactive way instead of the boring flash cards.

2. Read Me Stories - This is great for younger kids. It has new talking picture books everyday and teaches children new words, how to say them, and new concepts.

3. Google Earth - I've just found that kids (and myself) love this! It's really neat.

4. Sudoku - The game everyone knows, but a techy version. :-)

5. Hangman - This could be a workstation to work on spelling words of the week. It could be individualized or pairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment